Liberals for Linda

A collaborative effort by Edmonton Liberals to Get Out the Vote for Linda Duncan in Edmonton-Strathcona. Fellow progressives of Whyte, Unite!

Dickson Broomfield adds his voice to the Linda Chorus

Liberals for Linda readers:

The movement for Linda Duncan in Edmonton Strathcona is growing. While we at Liberals for Linda would prefer you to park your ballots with Liberals in areas where we can gain, we have honoured the request from Dickson to publish his letter in its entirety. What follows is that letter, received today.

Submitted by Dickson Broomfield, October 7, 2008

Einstein's Theory of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

In my opinion, this is what's been happening for the eleven years in Edmonton Strathcona.

It's time for some sanity.

To Rahim Jaffer, being the MP for Edmonton Strathcona seems to be just a job; for Linda Duncan, by my observations, it's a passion.

Linda has not only been extremely active internationally, she's used this experience for the benefit of her home community - that of Edmonton Strathcona.

Linda has my support. She has my friends' and family's votes in Strathcona. And she should have yours.

I live in the riding of Edmonton East - there, Ray Martin has my vote. The fact of the matter is, is that only the NDP has answered my questions about the future of the economy, while caring about the environment, as well as caring that my family is fed.

The Conservative Party has broken promises. They broke the promise to farmers about a new Income Stabilization Act. They broke a promise to put more community police officers on the streets in our communities. And they broke a promise to the Canadian people about fixed election dates - which has already cost taxpayers over $500 million of unnecessary and potentially wasted dollars.

We can make the cost of this election worthwhile if we defeat Conservatives. In Edmonton Strathcona and Edmonton East, and in many more ridings across the country, the vehicle to achieve this is Jack Layton's New Democrats.

I ran as a Liberal in 2004. I wanted to make a difference and get involved. Sadly, I was not elected in that campaign. However, in retrospect, it was a blessing, as I have since had the chance to review my choice of party, and how the various parties reflect my values.

I have come to the firm conclusion that the only way for real change of a positive nature is with the NDP.

In closing, the views of Jack Layton's New Democrats come from the family room, not the boardroom. For the economy, for our health care system and social supports, and for action on the environment, Linda Duncan, Ray Martin, Jack Layton, and the NDP family have it right.

I've already explained the definition of insanity - it's time to stop it. Strathcona Liberals vote Linda, the rest? Vote NDP!

Dickson Broomfield
2004 AB Liberal Candidate, Lac La Biche-St. Paul

dickson.broomfield@gmail.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice and generous letter by Dickson Broomfield.